Business Development Lead
New York, NY | Full-time
At Yogi, we help companies decipher customer feedback, from ratings and reviews to surveys and support requests. Companies are inundated with feedback, but when it comes to turning this data into actionable business decisions, most companies fall short. That’s where Yogi fits in.
We’re a passionate and hard-working group of individuals who are driven to not only build a great product, but to have fun doing so. We emphasize getting things done over pulling hours in the office, independence over micro-management, and learning from mistakes over fear of making any. Plus, we’re backed by some of the best VCs and angels in NYC who are fully invested in our vision and team, pun intended.
If you’re excited about not only working on interesting technology but also playing a huge role in the direction of our company, we want to meet you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are looking to add a senior business development team member to our small but mission-critical sales and marketing team. You will play a HUGE role in helping us build out our marketing channels, sale pipeline, and more as we continue to grow our customer base. As a member of our team, you will:
- Have full ownership over multiple parts of our marketing and sales channels.
- Make cold calls and draft emails to potential leads; take point on conversations to qualify candidates as decision makers and schedule demos with them.
- Proactively utilize social networks like LinkedIn and CRM tools like Hubspot to generate leads, manage contacts and track deal flow.
- Interact with current customers as we try to keep our customers happy and maintain contract renewals.
- Run experiments to build innovative marketing channels, find new lead generation techniques, and uncover different market segments to pursue.
- Work with engineering and management to scope new features/UI experiences and map out relevant timelines.
- 3+ years of experience in a business development or equivalent role.
- Specific job experience working in a software focused company, preferably enterprise software.
- Highly effective written and verbal communicator.
- Ability to be independent, bring your own ideas to the team, willing to challenge other team members, and open to being challenged.
- Capable of communicating, presenting to, and influencing key stakeholders at all levels of an organization, including executive and C-level.
- Bonus points for previously working at a start-up, management experience, and technical/programming proficiency.
- Opportunity to have end to end ownership of large parts of our sales and marketing, with the independence to build it how you best see fit.
- Ability to have major influence on our direction as a company, along with career growth opportunities as the team continues to grow.
- Early traction in an interesting and growing market (Customer Experience). Plus, we’re backed by great investors, ranging from top VC firms to billionaire hedge fund owners.
- Competitive salary and best-in-class benefits. This includes great insurance with covered premiums, 401(k) plan and matches, gym benefits, free snacks, and unlimited PTO.
Apply at email@example.com with your resume, a quick blurb about why you’re interested in working at Yogi, and links to anything else you’d like to share.
Our office is located in Midtown Manhattan, two blocks away from Rockefeller Center. Although we’re open to the occasional remote work, we ask that all candidates be based in the NYC area and work primarily from our office.